College Address: Churchill College, Storey's Way, Cambridge
Departments and Institutes
- Department of Engineering:
Current Research Interests
- Terzaghi's True Cohesion Error
- "Re-appraisal of Terzaghi's soil mechanics": Invited lecture, ICSMGE (Istanbul), comment welcomed.
(text (139kb Acrobat file), slides (3Mb Powerpoint file)
- Also related to the Istanbul conference: "Terzaghi's Pierre Loti (Schofield)"
- Casagrande: (Schofield & Togrol, 1966) (1.7Mb Acrobat file)
- Mohr Coloumb error correction
- Centrifuge development
- The 1966 lecture hand-written notes Archiving Cambridge teaching and research
- Mechanical Behaviour of an idealised "Wet Clay". European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, vol. 1, pp. 47-54., 1963, Wiesbaden, Germany.
- Pop-up Cam-Clay Model Pokrovsky and Fedorov's Original Paper on Centrifuge modelling from the 1st International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering.
Professor Schofield is now retired and no longer takes students.