Department of Engineering
University of Cambridge
Departments and Institutes
- Department of Engineering:
- Research Associate
Supervise: 3D5 - Water Engineering
1. Cilingir, U., Haigh, S., Heron, C., Madabhushi, G., Chazelas, J-L., & Escoffier, S., (2012) Cross-Facility Validation of Dynamic Centrifuge Testing. Role of Seismic Testing Facilities in Performance-Based Earthquake Engineering, Geotechnical, Geological, and Earthquake Engineering, Volume 22, 83-98.
2. Heron, C., Haigh, S., Madabhushi, G., (2013) Susceptibility of Shallow Foundations to Rocking and Sliding Movements during Seismic Loading. Research in Seismic Rehabilitation, Geotechnical, Geological, and Earthquake Engineering (in press)
1. Haigh, S.K., Heron, C.M., Cilingir, U. and Madabhushi, S.P.G. (2011) Dynamic Soil-Structure-Interaction of Shallow Foundations on Dry Sand – A Centrifuge Based Study, 8th International Conference on Urban Earthquake Engineering, Tokyo, Japan.
Heron, C., (2009) Imaging of a rock-fill dam during foundation liquefaction. Master's Thesis, Cambridge University Engineering Department.
1. Stringer, ME and Heron, CM and Madabhushi, SPG (2010) Experience using MEMS-based accelerometers in dynamic testing. Physical Modelling in Geotechnics - Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Physical Modelling in Geotechnics 2010, ICPMG 2010, 1. pp. 389-394.
2. Grigorios Tsinidis, Charles Heron, Mark Stringer, Kyriazis Pitilakis, Gopal Madabhushi (2012) Seismic response of rectangular embedded structures in soft soils. Proceedings of ETAM Workshop. Hellenic society of Earthquake Engineering, December 2012, Thessaloniki (in Greek).
3. Grigorios Tsinidis, Kyriazis Pitilakis, Charles Heron, Gopal Madabhushi (2013) Experimental and Numerical Investigation of the Seismic Behavior of Rectangular Tunnels in Soft Soils. Proceedings of COMPDYN 2013.
4. Grigorios Tsinidis, Charles Heron, Kyriazis Pitilakis, Gopal Madabhushi (2013) Physical Modeling for the Evaluation of the Seismic Behavior of Square Tunnels. Research in Seismic Rehabilitation, Geotechnical, Geological, and Earthquake Engineering (in press).