Zhengtao Shen is a third-year PhD student (start at Oct. 2013) working with Prof. Abir Al-Tabbaa. His PhD project is to investigate the characteristics and mechanism of heavy metal adsorption on biochars as well as the performance of biochar application in soil remediation. Before coming to Cambridge, Zhengtao obtained his master's and bachelor's degrees in geological engineering in Nanjing University, China. Zhengtao has published 7 journal papers and 4 patents.
- Characteristics and mechanism of heavy metal adsorption on biochar
- Performance of biochar application in soil remediation and the mechanism
- Soil remediation using solidification/stabilisation technology
- Influence of environmental factors on soil CO2 emission
- Ground improvement using various soil stabilizers