Raz Jabary is available for consultancy.
Cambridge , Cambs CB3 0EL
Raz graduated from Imperial College London in 2012 with the MEng degree in Civil Engineering and the Associate of the City and Guilds Institute (ACGI). Raz was awarded a Doctoral Training Account (DTA) scholarship from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) in recognition of outstanding academic achievement at undergraduate level to support his PhD research at the University of Cambridge under the supervision of Professor Gopal Madabhushi.
The effects of tuned mass dampers on the response of structures subjected to dynamic soil-structure interaction emanating from earthquake motion.
Supervision of MEng students in Geotechnical Engineering.
Teaching of MEng students in: • Soil Mechanics • Building Physics and Environmental Geotechnics
1. Jabary RN, Macorini L. The modelling of the seismic performance of reinforced concrete frames designed to obsolete and non-seismic codes. 1st Civil Engineering Student Conference, 25-26 June 2012, London, United Kingdom.
2. Jabary RN, Madabhushi SPG. An experimental investigation of tuned mass dampers on the seismic response of a multi-storey structure. In: Vemury C, Elia G, Rouainia M, Wilkinson S. (eds.) Proceedings of the Young Engineers Conference, SECED 2013, 3-4 July 2013, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom; 2013. pp. 76-81.
3. Jabary RN, Madabhushi SPG. An experimental investigation of soil-structure interaction in a sway frame structure with tuned mass dampers. In: Cunha A, Cactano E, Ribeiro P, Müller G (eds.) Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Structural Dynamics, EURODYN 2014, 30 June-2 July 2014, Porto, Portugal; pp. 741-747.
4. Jabary RN, Madabhushi SPG. An experimental investigation of soil-structure interaction in a multiple-tuned-mass-damper-structure system. Proceedings of the 2nd European Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Seismology, 2ECEES, 24-29 August 2014, Istanbul, Turkey.
5. Jabary RN, Madabhushi SPG. Tuned mass damper effects on the response of multi-storied structures observed in geotechnical centrifuge tests. Accepted for publication.
6. Jabary RN, Madabhushi SPG. Reflection on analytical characterisations of TMD performance using dynamic centrifuge tests. Accepted for publication.