Cambridge CB2 1PZ
Fei Jin obtained his Bachelor's Degree in Geotechnical Engineering in 2009 from Southeast University in China. He then was offered an acceptance into the master's course program and continued to study in the Institute of Geotechnical Engineering in Southeast University for one year. In October 2010, he joined the Geotechnical Research Group at University of Cambridge as a PhD student under the supervision of Dr Abir Al-Tabbaa.
The PhD topic of Fei Jin is the characterisation and performance of reactive MgO based cements with supplementary cementitious materials. He is now working on the technical and commercial development of magnesia-based binders for land and waste treatment applications. This is part of a large research and commercial initiative in collaboration with industry partners funded by EPSRC and TSB to develop sustainable binders for civil and environmental engineering applications.
Departments and Institutes
- Department of Engineering:
- Research Associate
1. Sustainable binders and reuse of by-product and waste materials
2. Reactive MgO cements
3. Alkali-activated cements
4. Durability of cement and concrete materials
5. Stabilisation/Solidification of contaminated soils
- F. Jin, A. Al-Tabbaa, Strength and hydration products of reactive MgO-Silica pastes, Cem. Concr. Compos. 52 (2014) 27–33.
- F. Jin, K. Gu, A. Al-Tabbaa, Strength and drying shrinkage of reactive MgO modified alkali-activated slag paste, Constr. Build. Mater. 51 (2014) 395–404.
- F. Jin, A. Al-Tabbaa, Evaluation of novel reactive MgO activated slag binder for the immobilisation of lead and zinc, Chemosphere. 117 (2014) 285–294.
- F. Jin, A. Al-Tabbaa, Characterisation of different commercial reactive magnesia, Adv. Cem. Res. 26 (2014) 101–113.
- K. Gu, F. Jin, A. Al-Tabbaa, B. Shi, Activation of ground granulated blast furnace slag by using calcined dolomite, Constr. Build. Mater. 68 (2014) 252–258.
- K. Gu, F. Jin, A. Al-Tabbaa, B. Shi, J. Liu, Mechanical and hydration properties of ground granulated blastfurnace slag pastes activated with MgO–CaO mixtures, Constr. Build. Mater. 69 (2014) 101–108.
- F. Jin, A. Al-Tabbaa, Thermogravimetric study on the hydration of reactive magnesia and silica mixture at room temperature, Thermochim. Acta. 566 (2013) 162–168.
- F. Jin, K. Gu, A. Abdollahzadeh, A. Al-Tabbaa, Effect of Different Reactive MgOs on the Hydration of MgO-activated Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag Paste, J. Mater. Civ. Eng. (2013).
- Y.-J. Du, M.-L. Wei, K.R. Reddy, Z.-P. Liu, F. Jin, Effect of acid rain pH on leaching behavior of cement stabilized lead-contaminated soil, J. Hazard. Mater. 271 (2014) 131–140.
- Y.-J. Du, J. Ning-Jun, S. Liu, F. Jin, D.N. Singh, A. Puppala, Engineering Properties and Microstructural Characteristics of Cement Stabilized Zinc-Contaminated Kaolin, Can. Geotech. J. 51 (2013) 289-302.